I survived the Blogathon! Granted, I’m not feeling all that spiffy today (the day after — doesn’t that sound ominous?), but with a good night’s sleep, I’m sure that will change.
I just wanted to extend a super heart-felt thank you to everyone who dropped by, whether once or many times, to cheer me on throughout the Blogathon. It would have been much more difficult to do without your support.
To all who sponsored me, I can’t say thank you enough. You’re the reason I did this in the first place, knowing that your generosity for deserving children was the reward for my sleepless night of posting.
And to the “chat room girls,” a great big hug — I doubt that I would have made it without y’all. You kept me laughing, and cheered me on when I struggled. I only hope I did the same for you.
Much love and kudos to everyone who had a role in this year’s Blogathon. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a huge success.
1. What’s overdue for a good cleaning?
My house is in desperate need of a good Spring-type cleaning, but Geek and I kind of fear that whatever’s holding this crumbling piece of wreckage might get swept or dusted or mopped away.
2. What’s overdue for some kind of professional examination, service, maintenance, or upkeep?
My little Saturn (10 years old in August) could use a hood to trunk maintenance session.
3. Who’s overdue for a phone call or letter to you?
My once best friend Amanda; she sent me a letter at Christmastime after nothing for 3 years; I wrote a lengthy response, but haven’t heard a “Hello” or even a “Screw off” back from her.
4. What’s overdue for an appearance in your neighborhood?
The mosquito sprayer truck!
5. Who’s overdue for a good comeuppance?
The jackass coaches who run the school in which I work; they don’t communicate with their teachers, so they have no damn clue about what’s really going on.
Now, I’ll bet you can’t guess what I’m about to say is really overdue… My going to bed!! One more stinkin’ post, and I’m done, like a cake!
Since it’s breakfast time now for most normal people now, I thought this might be an appropriate topic for this, my 47th in 23 hours, post.
1. Frosted Flakes
2. Honey Bunches of Oats
3. Rice Chex
4. Life Cereal
5. Frosted Cheerios
6. Froot Loops – These were breakfast, lunch and dinner during freshman year in college – no milk.
7. Frosted Mini Wheats
8. Raisin Bran
9. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
10. Rice Krispies
And no, thinking about and writing this did NOT make me hungry. I just want to go to bed.
Yeah, so I’ve run out of ideas for titles. Sue me.
Do you know what that is? It’s the sun coming up. Wanna know the last time I saw this (other than going to work)? When my Littleone was drinking from a bottle! And willingly, the last time I saw the sunrise was in college.
Now, ask me if I’m happy to see it today.
Cats have slept the entire time I’ve been awake, so now they’re running and jumping all over the place, trying to kill one another.
Geek is technically still up — he’s sitting upright on the love seat, but his eyes are closed, and his mouth is open. No snores yet.
I am hanging on by a nearly invisible thread. I keep getting up to pee, blow my nose, stretch, shake out my legs, un-numb my butt… But none of it seems to be working for me. And what’s worse – the stupid Stickam chat room won’t let me back in to talk live with my friends who are going through the same struggle that I am.
I’m wondering if I’m going to make these last 2 hours…
23. Do you walk around the house naked?
24. If you were an animal what would you be?
I would like to be one of my cats — easiest life ever.
25. Hair color you like on someone you’re dating?
I have no preference.
26. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
I think I could handle being deaf more easiliy.
27. Do you have any special talents?
Yeah, but you’ll have to pay me to tell you what they are.
28. What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
Put my purse down, take off my jewelry and shoes, sort through whatever mail we’ve gotten.
29. Do you like horror or comedy?
Give me comedy; horror – ewwww.
30. Are you missing anyone?
My extended family – Mama, aunt, cousin.
31. Where do you want to live when you are old?
On a lake in the mountains.
32. Who is the person you can count on the most?
33. If you could date any celebrity past or present, who would it be?
Sting, hands down
34. What did you dream last night?
It’s been so long ago that I don’t remember.
35. What is your favorite sport to watch?
36. Are you named after anyone?
An orphan character on a 70s TV show
37. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Margarita, followed in a close second by appletinis.
38. Non alcoholic drink?
39. Have you ever been in love?
40. Do you sing in the shower?
No, shower time is the time when I think through the day ahead of me.
41. Have you ever been arrested?
42. What is your favorite Holiday?
Christmas. It’s fun to watch the Littleone’s excitement.
43. Would you ever get plastic surgery?
I already have… twice, for a cleft lip, as a matter of fact.
44. Have you ever caught a fish?
Yes! Geek took me, actually taught me how, and it was fun!
I’m in the home stretch now! Five more posts, and then bedtime, here I come!
This long-winded meme was stolen from The Coffee Table; as with some of the others, I’ve broken it up into 2 parts.
1. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
I was not aware that was a viable method for making a broken CD work; I might try it now.
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
3 years – I’m a daredevil, aren’t I?
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Amazingly enough, no. *know that I’m knocking on wood*
4. Were you popular in high school?
Well, I wasn’t part of THE popular crowd, but I was popular-ish. I had a lot of friends, and because I was editor of the school newspaper, everyone knew me.
5. Have you ever been on a blind date?
One. It did not go well, and I swore off them after it.
6. Are looks important?
Of course they are; if you think someone’s a troll, you’re not going to be interested in him; but that said, if you really like a man’s personality, the importance of looks quickly fades.
7. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
8. By what age would you like to be married?
Um, 22? What a coincidence – that’s the age at which I WAS married!
9. Does the number of people a person’s slept with affect your view of them?
I’d like to say no, but after a certain number, I think it might.
10. Have you ever made a mistake?
Oh no… not me.
11. Are you a good tipper?
Yes, if you are a good waitperson; I’ve been known to give 20 percent to a good one.
12. What’s the most you have spent for a haircut?
55 frickin’ dollars
13. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Wow, this is a popular (and disturbing) question among memes. The answer is no.
14. Have you ever peed in public?
Growing up, my mom played on a softball team, and it seemed that the bathrooms at the field never worked… So, yeah.
15. What song do you want played at your funeral?
“In the Garden” would be nice, but since I’ll be dead, it won’t matter.
16. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
17. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
IF I could eat, I might request sushi.
18. Beatles or Stones?
19. If you had to pick one person on earth to die, who would it be?
I don’t think I could do that.
20. Beer, wine or hard liquor?
21. Do you have any phobias?
Bugs! Roaches especially.
22. What are your plans for the future?
Get out of this house and this city, start working on a PhD in British literature, make sure my Littleone gets a good education.
Lynda asked, “What are you going to do after the Blog-o-thon?”
Since this is all that’s on my mind right now, let me tell you exactly what I’m going to do after the ‘Thon… I’m going to throw these clothes that I’ve been wearing for 22 hours in the hamper, slip on my nightie, and sleep until about 1 o’clock. At that time, I’m going to get up, shower, brush my teeth, and moisturize. I figure that about the time I get finished with all of that, my mother-in-law will be calling us to say that she’s bringing our daughter home. Then I will attempt to fend off sleep the rest of the afternoon and evening; I will also try to not be snappish with my daughter, but I imagine that once we put the Littleone to bed, Geek and I will fall into ours just a few minutes later. (Yes, he’s sitting right here beside me… Hasn’t pooped out on me once, despite my telling him that he didn’t have to stay up with me. But I’m secretly glad he has.)
What else? …Can’t think of one damned thing.
You say ** and I think **.
Situation :: room
Theme song :: “Beautiful Stranger” (We just finished watching Austin Powers.)
Kelly :: Clarkson
Club :: soda
Swerve :: move!
Couch :: prison
Bigfoot :: beef jerky
Arbitrary :: law
Inventor :: George Foreman
Blazer :: Chevy
This was harder than I thought it would be to do. My brain isn’t associating anything unless it has to do with sleep. Sweet hallelujah – only 8 more posts to go! Then, free at last!